BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Eating Out

MaChi at Jalan Petaling.
This stall was visited by HoChiak, one of the eating shows in Malaysia.

The gorgeous Harley I spotted at Petaling Street.

The famous MaChi.
It has Ribena flavour too, but I skipped that .

Picking Daniel up at Victoria Institute.
Ivan's old skool.

Petaling Street/ Jalan Petaling.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today's blog would be where I would usually have my meals at 
certain areas in Kuala Lumpur.

Kuala Lumpur have been a food haven for both 
foreigners and locals.
This is due to the vast variety of delicacies offered to them.

We have Malay,Chinese, Indian, Arabian, Italian, Japanese and much more.
Yet, most of this delicious food are found in the remote corners of this city.

Alleys, lorongs and walkways are some of the examples.

Here are some of the places I have been to.

1st Stop
Maslid Jamek.

Two weeks ago, I went to KL.
Kian Min dropped me at KL Sentral because I have to take the Putra to
go to Masjid Jamek.

Then, my stomach started to growl.
No lunch yet.

I went to scour the place for something nice to eat.

Then, I found a small nook.
People ranging from office workers to tourists were 
gathering there like ants would to sugar.

I found a seat and ordered a king sized curry mee.

When the noodle came, it was indeed king size.
This curry mee was different.

The mee used were not the usual bihun mee I had.
Instead, it has a broader and firmer texture.

Looks more like pan mee to me.

The ingredients used were tauge, and fried tofu but the surprising ingredients were 
char siu and deep fried wanton.

The gravy was thick and creamy, while the char siu added to the smokiness of the taste.
It was indeed a good find.

2nd stop.
Behind pearl point.

I went there yesterday during Vday.
Since my Derek was on hols at Pangkor and Daniel
went to Cheras with my cousin, I went with my dad to that place.

We ordered Stir fried Pan Mee and Loh Mee.

The Pan Mee was something like Hokkien Mee.
But the pan Mee has a firmer texture compared to Hokkien Mee.

The loh Mee was darker than the usual Loh Mee I have ever seen.
The taste seems to be tangier and sweeter.

I think the mee was cooked with dark vinegar before serving.
Overall, it was a good catch.

3rd Stop.
Petalling Street/ Jalan Petaling/ China Town/ Chi Cheong Kai.

Today, I went to pick Daniel up after church at V.I.
Since we were already at town, we might as well have our lunch there.

Initially, I wanted to have lunch at the beef ball noodle stall.
Sadly, it was closed after we walked for 15 minutes.

Then, we decided to have our lunch at Koon Kei.

Koon Kei has been there since ancient times.
Since my dad's schooling days.

Luckily, we found a seat without even trying.
Koon Kei serves excellent wanton noodles.

I ordered the Tong Ku Kai Si Noodle while my dad ordered the 
Char Siu Wanton Noodle.

(No Pics, sorry)
(Carmen. you have been there before.)


1 comments:

Nurgul said...

Why do i have a feeling that food means SO much for most of the malaysians, plz sorry if i've hurt ur feelings, but really, it's just enough to look at ur blog!